Last Covidmeter update was issued and of May. Unfortunately the disease is still around. Conclusions made a couple of months ago still hold true: Covid-19 takes toll on some individuals, but it does not have significant impact on entire population.
I have decided to restart coverage with just one picture showing number of cumulative Covid-19 deaths per 1 million people. Figure below shows top 5 countries in this ranking along with USA, Russia and Poland which were hand picked. Country rank in cumulative deaths is shown after its name. Diamond Princess and San Marino were added as reference and future impact prediction, please go to previous posts for rationale.
- No Covid-19 fatality was registered in San Marino since May.
- Peru now leads in Covid-19 deaths, South America was hit hit in summer like Europe in spring.
- Predictions regarding total population impact – 0.2% or 2000 fatalities per million made after Diamond Princess experience hold true. In fact no country so far exceeded San Marino figure.
- So far Covid-19 2nd wave in hard hit European countries like Belgium and Spain does not result in steep growth of fatalities comparable to the one in spring
- China (not shown on picture) ranking is 161. Unlike other counties it does not experience 2nd wave. They have either eliminated the virus (unlikely) or called off epidemic and focus on treating individual cases as they arise (probable).